Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

New Look of SACA site

Posted by lonjoe50 
New Look of SACA site
July 27, 2006 09:59AM
I have recently been talking with Mr. Kimmel and have been asked to update the home page and work as a backup to Mr. Finegan. I have created a new page (Actually I have modified the old one) and would like some feedback on it from members. I hope you all approve but if not I will be more than happy change what ever is warranted. I have not had a chance to check all the links so if you are aware of any that needs changed let me know.

To see the new page go to www.steamautomobile.com/indexnew.html. I will be cutting this page over this weekend. If anyone has anything that they would like to add to the page or site just let me know. You all can contact me at lclaypool@lonjoe.com

Thanks.
Re: New Look of SACA site
July 27, 2006 10:22AM
When I open the new site, the page is wider then my screen and I have to move the page side to side to view every thing. I like the width of a site no wider then my screen.
The old site fits perfect. Other then that I like the format.

You are also posting wrong information, the following should be SACA-North East Open Meet Set for August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 2006

This is incorrect
SACA-North West Chapter Open Meet Set for August 4th, 5th, and 6th, 2006

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 05:43PM by Rolly.
July 27, 2006 08:03PM
Thanks for your quick reply, Rolly. Try it again and see if it isn't better. Do you know what resolution you are runnnig your screen at? For example are you running 800x600 or 1024x768 or something else?

I also apologize for the northwest northeast mixup that's an easy fix. :-)
July 27, 2006 08:28PM
It’s a lot better now, 0nly about ½ inch wider then the old site. Thanks for fixing the banner about our northeast open meet.
I’m running 800 X 600
July 27, 2006 10:45PM
Lonnie-

The new page/site is great! As Rolly mentioned, the page doesn't
quite fit my screen--but that's small stuff that'll get worked out when
the time is right.
The big thing I see about the new page that I think will attract
more users is the new look gained by having more varied and interesting photos,
which should be changed periodically..and maybe have links to more
photo and article archives like John Woodson has on his StanleySteamer
site. We have a wealth of steam information available, some of which
would really make the SACA site more interesting...of course that'll take
time-but I think it's the goal we should be moving toward--to make the
SACA site the most interesting steam site available..

Cheers--Chuk
July 27, 2006 11:48PM
ITS GREAT THAT YOUR GOING TO RENEW THE SACA WEBSITE. WE NEED WEBSITES WITH CONTENT AND INFORMATION. MY WEBSITE IS JUST A DIRECTORY OF LINKS [steamlinks.netfirms.com] IF YOU COULD PUT A BANNER AD AND LINK TO MY SITE THAT WOULD BE NICE. ALSO CONSIDER PC TO PC CONFERANCE CALLS FOR THE MEMBERS.SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE FOR THAT PURPOSE - GOOGLE SEARCH THANKS, EARL
July 28, 2006 09:46AM
Well it's up! If you haven't discovered it already i have officially cut the new site in. Thanks for any and all suggestions. I will try to put in as many as possible (within my talents) but I don't want to get things to complex.

Earl, I will put a link to your site on the links page, but I probably will not do banner ads. Many of our members are still on modems and I don't want to lose people because of slow page loads. I have tried to configure the pages to display on a 800x600 screen so if you have a higher resolution you will have some blank areas. I recommend that no one run a resolution less than 800x600 unless it is absolutely necessary.

Also I am certain that some data/links are still bad so if you all run into one let me know. :-)

July 02, 2007 07:30PM
I see the last update was in January 2007? Is this site going to be updated with any new items?

I would be willing to help out with the web site, if that is at all needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login