Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Report problems here.

Posted by Scott Finegan 
Report problems here.
March 29, 2009 07:50PM
Report problems here.

Known Issues:

For some reason the smiley toolbar is not working, though if you add the punctuation minus a space between : ) you get smiling smiley

The help ? at the right of the new message window gives you a list of smileys you may use.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 11:27PM by Scott Finegan.
Re: Report problems here.
March 30, 2009 02:01AM
Scott,

It looks and works great. Thank you.

How does the bar thingy above work? garsh we's evn gits spel chek.

Best Regards, ------ Bill G.

Edit works too. thingy bar ain't workin yet, now that I read your post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 02:05AM by Bill Gatlin.
March 30, 2009 02:14AM
Hi Scott,

It says there are 21 pages, but if I click on either page 21, or next from page 20, it takes me back to page 1. Is there a page 21?

Best, ---- Bill G.
March 30, 2009 05:44AM
Overall, the new setup is pretty good! Even works great on my old "WebTV Classic" terminal, circa _1997_. One minor suckitude, though, is the lack of a "Message List" link at the bottom of threads. I haven't checked to see if this problem also appears with PCs and newer browsers, but with WebTV I have to hit "Back" or scroll to the top to get back to the message list.

Peter
March 30, 2009 07:17AM
Bill,

The posts prior to 2000 are missing from the list, they exist. I will look into it later in the week.

Smilely' are working on my laptop, but not at home.

You can change font size like you should be able to, on the Browser menu.

Are you sure there is a spell checker? (I did not find one on the page.) (There is one available though.)

Best,
Scott Finegan
March 30, 2009 12:03PM
Hello Scott,

I have spell check on my machine anyway but the old phorum didn't initiate it in the browser. Maybe it is just being initiated here where it wasn't before. Anyway no mor bad speling. LOL

Regards, --- Bill G.
March 30, 2009 06:58PM
Yes I see the link bar at the top, of the space where you type in a reply or start a new topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 09:53PM by Jeremy Holmes.
March 30, 2009 10:10PM
I'm not sure I want pictures showing all over the place. Before it was a choice whether someone downloaded high bandwidth items. If you link them in, there is no choice, which really hurts slow connections.

Best,
Scott Finegan
March 31, 2009 07:44PM
Hi Scott,

I agree.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 09:54PM by Jeremy Holmes.
April 05, 2009 03:33PM
I installed the Spell Checker MOD, turned it on , then turned it off again.

It doesn't work the way I believe it should in Firefox, or IE6. Now I see that even though I turned it off, I have words underlined for spelling errors. ( A little investigation indicates this is Firefox doing the spell checking.) Don't be surprised if it goes on and off in the next week or so.

Best,
Scott Finegan
April 06, 2009 02:41PM
Some members that are following threads, will not get notified by email at this time. See the Login Problems topic. [www.steamautomobile.com]

Best,
Scott Finegan
May 10, 2009 04:06PM
Hello Scot

The time stamp appears to be about 5 hours fast, unless this is is Greenwich Mean time.

Leo
May 11, 2009 06:59AM
Go to your "Control Center" link should be at the top of this page when you are logged in. Options - Forum Settings, time zone... adjust until you like the result.

Best,
Scott Finegan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 07:02AM by Scott Finegan.
June 26, 2009 06:48PM
Hi Scott,

Im going to try that, im on est, the am,pm time thing with the new interface has been driving me nuts. Thanks for pointing out that option.

I have not forgotton about the FAQ's section, Im just trying to get the feel for the improved user interface.

Best

Jeremy
July 15, 2009 08:17AM
Scott,

I have a new problem with trying to reply to a private message. Tonight I tried to reply to one new and one old message and was given a report that said each was sent successfully.

However there is no record of the messages in the Sent Items list and the message counter did not change.

Is the system consuming them?

Graeme
August 03, 2010 05:32PM
Hi Scott

I am using an android and having a problem attaching files. Says feature unavailable. Is there something that this from a smart phone.

Andy
August 03, 2010 07:53PM
Andy,

"I am using an android and having a problem attaching files. Says feature unavailable. Is there something that this from a smart phone."

I read about this in the news "android" has some internal operating software defect. Most likely the error is coming from your ISP not the forum itself.

Jeremy
August 03, 2010 09:53PM
Hi Andy,

Afraid I can't help you with a phone app. It shouldn't be any different than a regular browser in my opinion.

Scott
August 04, 2010 08:34AM
I added an IPhone template. You may want to try this. Note that the developer does not claim it is "finished".

"Feature unavailable" seems like it is coming from your phone.

I will ask on the support forum.

Scott
August 04, 2010 09:21AM
This appears to be a limitation of the phone, I did not read the messages at the link below...

[code.google.com]

Best,

Scott
August 04, 2010 01:17PM
It's a browser problem. All thou I am able to upload to FaceBook. Which id why I asked. I do have apps for ebay and facebook. I also uploaded to utube.
October 01, 2010 06:28PM
Scott/All,
I normally use Firefox for internet connection but found it was taking an excessive amount of time to download complete files for Steam Automobile Quarterly, and then maybe only half the file at best. The files are not huge and could have come faster by morse code or snail mail. After checking the micro staff were not asleep or on a tea break, and finding out others we downloading the same files in about a minute with similar hardware, I tried again using Internet Explorer and got fast downloads. In my case I have to use Explorer for whole issue downloads, but the front pages and index load OK with Firefox.

Graeme
February 27, 2011 11:57AM
I see slow downloads come and go in Firefox, sometimes I get 98% of a large download quickly, the nothing for minutes. A check of the task manager shows the viruc checker at > 96%. The same file downloaded with IE6 comes down quickly and finishes.

So is it Firefox, or a combination of Firefox and the virus checker (Eset in my case).

gvagg2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scott/All,
> I normally use Firefox for internet connection but
> found it was taking an excessive amount of time to
> download complete files for Steam Automobile
> Quarterly, and then maybe only half the file at
> best. The files are not huge and could have come
> faster by morse code or snail mail. After checking
> the micro staff were not asleep or on a tea break,
> and finding out others we downloading the same
> files in about a minute with similar hardware, I
> tried again using Internet Explorer and got fast
> downloads. In my case I have to use Explorer for
> whole issue downloads, but the front pages and
> index load OK with Firefox.
>
> Graeme
February 27, 2011 12:51PM
Hi Bill,

I thought I fixed this many times, however I did not really do anything useful, even though the problem would go away for a while.
I finally found out what causes the inability to reach the last page. Orphan records. The orphan records are included in determining the number of pages too show, but aren't available because there is no starter post. I deleted them and I hope the problem is finally fixed.

Bill Gatlin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Scott,
>
> It says there are 21 pages, but if I click on
> either page 21, or next from page 20, it takes me
> back to page 1. Is there a page 21?
>
> Best, ---- Bill G.
ben
June 27, 2011 06:34AM
Hi Scott,,,spammer badly off topic on steam page,,,Thanks ,,Ben
August 26, 2011 12:23AM
Unable to copy and past to or from forum. Able to copy and past with in forum. From one post to another. But can not copy part of a post to another application outside the browser and from an application to the forum.

Andy
August 26, 2011 07:36AM
Andy,

I really don't have a clue on this, I have no problems.
What computer and operating system?
What browser?
What editor, or other program are you copying to/from?

Scott
August 26, 2011 10:56AM
I am using Microsoft Explorer on Windows 7(64 bit) running on an HP pavilian Lap Top. The same computer I have been using for the kast two years.

I just tested it it is working now. At least on this thread. I rebooted my computer before and it didn't fix it.

Andy
August 26, 2011 01:43PM
Andy

Im also using windows and have that problem sometimes, how I get around it is I will open wordpad, then paste into that, and do whatever from wordpad (re-copy and paste).

Jeremy
October 27, 2011 01:15PM
I can't open the images in this Stump thread:
[www.steamautomobile.com]

"Permission denied: links to files in the forum are only allowed from this web site."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login