Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

49th Annual Delta Steam Boat Meet

Posted by boatbum 
49th Annual Delta Steam Boat Meet
August 27, 2023 08:44PM
Hi Fellow steam geeks,

The 49th annual California Delta Steam Boat Meet will be held at B&W Marina on the Mokelumne River off HWY 12, Isleton, Ca. September 23-24 (Saturday & Sunday). Boats range in size from 16' - 40'. On Saturday the boats leave at 10am for a several hour cruise to Tower Park for lunch and then back to B&W Marina.

We are a friendly lot and rides are offered and given to those who come to the event.

Hope to see some of the steam car group attend!

Keith T.
Re: 49th Annual Delta Steam Boat Meet
August 29, 2023 08:24AM
Keith,
Nice offer...please post some pictures.
Rick
August 29, 2023 09:56AM
Hi Rick,

I'll try to get some pictures and video if I can, I'm usually stuck in the engine/boiler room of the 40' steam yacht Persistance. If you want to see some video of her check out the owner's son's YouTube channel "the steam nut Wesly Harcourt" also there's a great segment of her with an interview of me on "ship happens" channel from about a year ago.
September 01, 2023 08:44AM
Here's a teaser of what you'll see at the meet. I shot this in 2017.

[youtu.be]

This was shot last year:

[youtu.be]
September 01, 2023 09:41AM
Thanks
Boatbum brings back memories.
I Steamboated for over fifty years with my two boats. 25Ft Lisa Ann and my 35Ft Tryall

Rolly
September 04, 2023 01:23PM
Hi Rolly,

Steam boating is loads of fun. We have logged over 6000 NM in Percy since her launching in the Delta in 2017. I believe she is the most used steam boat on the west coast. If you're ever in the Stockton/Sacramento area reach out and come for a steam! (open invitation to everyone).

I have hopes of building a steam car (for the last 30 yrs) and have been collecting steam bits and bobs for it. Since I can't afford a Doble, I have to make my own car of equal or better performance.grinning smiley Mono tube boiler, 1200 psi, 800 degree SH, Waterman controls, exhaust steam used to drive auxillaries. Say when you used Mobile 632 in your Stanley did you have any carbonization issues?

Keith
September 04, 2023 02:11PM
I use Mobil SCH 634
No problems, I only run less then 500 PSI
35 to 40 MPH
Rolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login