Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Possible Steam Car For Sale

Posted by chuk williams 
Possible Steam Car For Sale
October 03, 2020 01:36PM
Hey-

Here's a good head start on a "Steam Car" for someone!!

[www.facebook.com]

Good Luck!

Chuk
Re: Possible Steam Car For Sale
October 06, 2020 04:34AM
Hi Chuk,
Hope you're doing well. I click on the link and go to facebook market place and don't seam to see the car you're talking about. I search "Steam Car" and don't seam to see it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Kind regards,
Rick
October 06, 2020 11:36AM
Never mind...I see it at my work computer. My lovely wife has my computer tied up in knots when it comes to social media, i.e. facebook and others.
November 05, 2020 06:40AM
I asked for some pictures of the engine on this Home-made Steam Vehicle. The pictures look like a Mason Engine. It could be a 6-1/2 Hp or an 8 Hp...my guess is it's a 6-1/2.

These kind of vehicles are not worth very much because it does not have any originality or made from an elderly production source like a Stanley or White, etc. Pretty much I would say the value is the Locomobile Engine and what ever the parts value of the wheels, chassis and metal. Sort of scrap value.
November 06, 2020 06:53AM
Here is a picture.

November 08, 2020 03:43AM
The builder would have done better if he had started with a pencil and paper before beginning the build!
I like the wooden fenders - perhap the British word bumpers is more appropriate.

Mike
November 09, 2020 05:47AM
There is no question the builder spend a lot of time and money in building this project. I feel it would have had more value. if the build had used an existing vintage car body and frame like a model T or model A. it was put together with bits a pieces which doesn't increase its valve. Planning is important when building any project. I've going thru this with a build now of a steam car using a model T frame. its designed much like the American steam car company. I have the boiler mounted and starting the engine installation. when done it will look like a cross of a stanley and a ford. I know the valve will be low but it will look OEM
November 09, 2020 06:31AM
jjtjr
when done it will look like a cross of a stanley and a ford. I know the valve will be low but it will look OEM

I agree because I'm using a model T frame that I altered, shortened to 84 inches and will make this car look like a Gentleman Speed Roadster (H5). Also, It won't have the value. However, I hope it to be very function-able, give lots of rides and if something breaks; we'll just fix it and continue on.

Reason for shortening the frame is to keep the 30 inch wheels and they will appear in proportion to the 33 inch wheels on the original H5. Unlike this project car we're talking, I have 100's of hours into planning my build. And chomping at the bit to build it. Hopefully starting early 2021 after I have my new shop completed.

Kind regards,
Rick
November 09, 2020 05:06PM
Steam cars are like any other collectible car. If you are going to build something, make it look attractive and it will be easier to sell when the day comes. It probably isn't any more work.

And I agree with the comments about using an existing car to start with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
HomeMadeSteamCar.jpg 184.1 KB open | download alsancle 11/06/2020 Read message