Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

lubricators

Posted by jjtjr 
lubricators
December 26, 2019 05:08PM
I have a 1901 mason engine in my locomobile and looking for a ,mechanical steam lubricator for the cylinders. I have a displacement type now, but would like something more positive. I'm running superheat and it looks like the steam oil is foaming in the deplacement type. Any help would be good photos would help. thanks
Re: lubricators
December 26, 2019 10:32PM
I'd look around for Manzel lubricators. E-bay has a few complete units, they may be kind of expensive. I found some Manzel modules for sale:

Manzel module

You could use these as a starting point to build your own. They would have to be mounted on an oil containing box and you'd need a cam shaft driven by the engine through a heavy stepdown ratio. The camshaft could employ simple eccentrics.
December 27, 2019 09:24AM
Look at the live steam railroad stuff. There are a few guys that make nice small steam operated lubricators. I’ve seen some very nice ones at the Model engineering show in PA for sale.
Rolly
December 28, 2019 05:52PM
Hi Rolly, I installed the superheater in my likamobile that we talked about. I have a few question, is your cell number the same. It would be easier to call you. I'm having a few problems that you will know the fix for.

jim t
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login