Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Virtual Steam Car Museum Progress

Posted by Don Hoke 
Virtual Steam Car Museum Progress
February 05, 2015 07:26AM
Good Morning, Steam Afictionados!

I've been cataloging and uploading the John A. Conde steam collection and have a question about file stamps.

I see a file stamp on some pieces of literature referencing the Pope Manufacturing Company collection that apparently went to the Stevens Institute of Technology in September 1922. Does anyone know about this collection?

The other references an AMA Patent Library in Detroit that was apparently broken up some years ago. I have a vague recollection of being at the Chickasha show about 10 years ago and going through hollinger boxes filled with automobile literature, all of which had this stamp. Does anyone know the history of this collection or where I can find some information?

At my daughter's suggestion, I've starting using MailChimp to send the newsletter. This is infinitely easier and quicker than sending it manually. If you'd like to subscribe, visit the VSCM web site. There is a sign up form on the home page.

Enjoy!

Don Hoke
The Virtual Steam Car Museum, Inc.

Re: Virtual Steam Car Museum Progress
February 05, 2015 04:27PM
Both the Clark and my own family's steam delivery van seem to have a following in the day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
clark_edward_s_steam_car_1901_00_brochure_pope_manufacturing_company_1914_09_september_22_p_02_conde.png 237 KB open | download Don Hoke 02/05/2015 Read message