Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Stanley rear end for sale

Posted by Thomas Armstrong 
Thomas Armstrong
Stanley rear end for sale
December 29, 2003 05:08PM
I have a Stanley Steamer rear end for sale. I was told that it fits a 23 horse engine. It has one axle. A friend of mine in Yakima, Washington my have the dynos and support rods that hold the dynos.

I am not into steam cars, I cannot verify that it fits a 23 horse motor. I collect and restore old 40's and 50's Willys Jeeps and acquired this Stanley rear end at an auction while buying Jeeps parts. Someone needs to take this rear end off my hands. I am very tired of lugging it around the country. It has been kept inside for almost 16 years now. Someone needs to buy it before I haul it outside.

I have been told that it is worth about $400 dollars. Any reasonable offer will be accepted. I can place the part in a pallet and ship by motor freight at buyers expense or you can pick it up here in Roswell, New Mexico.

THomas Armstrong
205 N. Main Street
Roswell, NM 88201

(505) 317-4137

TArmstrong1st @ aol.com
allen blazick
Re: Stanley rear end for sale
January 17, 2004 03:19PM
Tom can you send me a picture of the rearend. Allen
December 01, 2015 08:52PM
Do you still have the Stanley rear end or is it long gone

Jt
December 01, 2015 09:43PM
Interesting in that I bought the rest of the Stanley parts about 5 years ago, that is if this is the same pile of Willy's/Stanley parts located in the Yakima area. His 23" boiler was sent to off to scrap. I did get one of the Willy's axles converted to fit the condensing Stanley 20 HP engine, and the condensing Stanley engine is still connected to the Willy's axle. Then there was also one 20 hp engine that was set up on a display stand. Looked like a lifetime steam parts accumulation. I sold most all of it off to local Stanley owners.
December 02, 2015 04:28AM
About to purchase a Stanley engine around 1906 and looking for an axle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login