Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Howard Langdon

Posted by chuk williams 
Howard Langdon
May 05, 2014 09:55PM
Everyone-

Howard Langdon passed away on Sunday afternoon. He had had a bad infection, and endured a 12 hour surgery to correct some of the associated problems but after quite a few days of valiant recovery he passed on.

Howard was one of those guys who was a legend in his own time! I had heard of him for years before I ever met him.....it seemed like all of the older Bulletins had some mention of Howard and the Green Monster, or he would have an engine or some other steam-related item listed for sale. Howard did things in his own way, and seemed to be a bit larger than life.

He gave me a lot of good advice, and I'm sure he's still "doing it his way" right now-where ever he is!

R.I.P.

Chuk
Re: Howard Langdon
May 08, 2014 11:34PM
Sad news.

I really liked Howard. I talked to him by phone several times, a few years ago now, I guess. I had hoped to meet with him someday. Some somedays never come.

Bless him, where ever he went. It's a big world out there.
He'll be OK in it.

Bill Gatlin
Re: Howard Langdon
May 10, 2014 09:22PM
I posted a note on the funeral home website, but not the detail of Howard's steam career.
[casshomes.ca]

Here are a few of the more significant mentions in the club publications:
Video of Howard Langdon's Green Monster at Danville time trial in 1998.
[www.steamautomobile.com]

Howard Langdon and THE Car, The Steam Automobile, Vol. 22, No. 2, 1980.
Reminiscences by Howard Langdon, The Steam Automobile, Vol. 25, No. 1, p. 10, 1983.

It was always delightful to visit with Howard and his memory will be full of stories of his exploits.

Karl Petersen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login