Yes, This Is My Final Answer
August 27, 2013 06:49PM
All

After careful consideration of toque-speed characteristics, burn rate and aerodynamics of Chuk's LSR steam machine, the maximum speed capability has been established at 190 mph. However, in the first attempt, Chuk probably will opt for a more conservative run strategy. After securing the record the second attempt will involve no conservationism. The goal will be to subject man and machine to their ultimate limits.

The first attempt will begin with an acceleration run slightly over 2.5 miles. After 76 seconds, he will hit the start gate at 156.976 mph and exit at 175.851 mph. . Elapsed time between gates will be 21.632 seconds for an average speed of 166.4135 mph.

Now, the moment of turth has arrived. Will Art's design withstand the ultimate test? the evening before, Chuk's camp will be buzzing with activity and excitement. Some say "save your machine". Others say, "the time is now". The choice will probably be made on the track. If it feels right he will go for 190.

The acceleration run will begin four miles back. If the pumps keep pumping ,and the piston rods stay connected, and the generator does not melt, then 190 mph will be achieved somewhere between gates. The average speed will be slightly less than 190 mph.

This is my final answer and I am sticking to it. See ya'all on the salt!

Jerry
Re: Yes, This Is My Final Answer
August 27, 2013 07:49PM
jandp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> This is my final answer and I am sticking to it.
> See ya'all on the salt!
>
> Jerry

Hi ya'all:

I've found some additional income sources--and I'm more determined than ever to participate in this event.

Best wishes to Chuk for his profound effort and to all who have supported him financially.

Developing my own steam power project is a worthwhile effort--but participating in a steam LSR project on-site and as it actually occurs is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Go Chuk!! You have the support of all steam power enthusiasts.

B.
Re: Yes, This Is My Final Answer
August 27, 2013 08:18PM
Jerry,

Right, just crack the record first.
Then sweep up the parts that fall off and pull all the stops out and really go for it!!
The Cyclone car seems to be in limbo.

My very best wishes indeed, will spin the prayer wheels at top rpm. Do let us know ASAP so all of us can stop turning blue holding our breath!!!

Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login