Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Gil Stevenson info - Boston contact?

Posted by Karl Petersen 
Gil Stevenson info - Boston contact?
October 06, 2011 03:13PM
I would very much like to get a scan of a picture in The Harvard Crimson, published Wednesday, April 20, 1938. The title is "Steam Car Modeled After Stanley Steamer Makes Auspicious Debut" and it is supposed to show a car driven by Gilbert W Stevenson with 4 Harvard men hanging on. Maybe someone near Cambridge could go the the library and make a good scan.

Stevenson's early life and what he did from 1950 to about 1970 seem to be hard to track down. Any ideas?

Karl Petersen
ben
Re: Gil Stevenson info - Boston contact?
October 06, 2011 03:40PM
Why not call or e/m Harvard Crimson,,,,i'm sure they have back copies ,,they are probably at same address,,,,Harvard doesn't relocate,,,the just buy more land,,
Also don't forget Alan Bemis built a Stanley racer with an underslung frame before the war,,
Cheers Ben
ben
October 06, 2011 03:43PM
Alan was a founder member of VMCCA,,,,and had Mass ant auto plate # 3,,,Ben
October 06, 2011 06:43PM
OK, Ben, I got on the Crimson website and asked for a copy of the picture. I am now holding my breath. Oops, had to let it out again. Hoping for the best...

And, hey, you can really slide off-topic fast. I've gotta see how the Mass ant auto plate attaches, 'cause how big could an auto for an ant be, anyhow? I suppose Alan would have known.

Karl Petersen
ben
October 06, 2011 07:02PM
Curses on these small buttons,,I just spent 2,5 hours gettin this thing runninagain,,,no shift lever no pilot,,no wheel,,all since that last post,,aaah,,progress,,,Cheers,,Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login