Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Zero Compression Zero Clearance Engine

Posted by jandp 
Zero Compression Zero Clearance Engine
December 30, 2010 12:41PM
Jeremy,

I have known about the superior performing nature of a zczc engine for a long time. Nothing was ever done about it because I, as everyone else, did not believe it was practical. However, a year or so ago, while messing around with a sketch pad, I hit upon an idea. I acutally documented the idea in a TM but never offered it for sale. By chance, someone got a copy who had a keen interest in this type thing. The idea has now matured into a serious steam project. An actual zczc engine has been designed. Negotiations are in play to build one for test and evaluation.

The Stoecker/Langdon engine is an off-shoot of the zczc concept. Their goal is not to achieve zero clearance, but rather to delay compression to within 30 degrees before TDC with reduced clearance necessary to still achieve full compression. Such an engine will out perform a Williams cycle.

jerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 02:11PM by Karl Petersen.
Re: Zero Compression Zero Clearance Engine
December 30, 2010 02:16PM
The most recent issues of the Bulletin have had Jerry's articles about the thermodynamics and the concept, and it is very powerful logic. The high compression uniflow was a step in that direction, and I look forward to seeing an engine run with this principle.

Karl Petersen
Re: Zero Compression Zero Clearance Engine
May 04, 2015 06:00PM
this engine cycle the Z-Cycle was later illustrated in Volume 29, Number 2 March-April, 2015 Page 16
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login