Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Jeff Theobald Passed on October 6, 2010

Posted by SSsssteamer 
Jeff Theobald Passed on October 6, 2010
October 08, 2010 08:48AM
Jeff Theobald passed on unexpectedly in his sleep on October 6, 2010. Jeff Theobald will be deeply missed by the steam community worldwide. He and his family stayed at our home on one of their visits to the USA. We found Jeff to be a very caring, generous and a polite man. He was very knowledgeable on many subjects especially steam. His energies seemed endless as his accomplishments will attest. The Steam Car Club of Great Britain is a worldwide tribute to his legacy. sad smiley Pat Farrell
Re: Jeff Theobald Passed on October 6, 2010
October 08, 2010 10:43AM
What a loss to the steam community! Do you know how old Jeff was, Pat?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 11:54AM by heavysteamer.
October 08, 2010 08:00PM
I would guess Jeff's age to be about 67. We will eventually find out for sure. SSsssteamer
October 08, 2010 09:00PM
Oh my... This is terrible.

My condolences to the rest of the club, and to Theobald's family. This is a terrible loss to the steam community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 09:00PM by Parker Brown.
October 08, 2010 10:10PM
My best to Jeff Theobald and family also. Too young to expect such a thing. He had more to do.

Bill Gatlin
October 14, 2010 12:03PM
I have never been able to think about Jeff and Pauline without feeling a little inadequate in my accomplishments on our SACA steam magazine and web pages, and the interest in history, cars and friendships which Jeff has encouraged, promoted, and created from whole cloth. As others have said, his interests and enthusiasms were delightfully varied and fit mine very closely. I pray his passing on will bring us all to think about our generosity with our own interests, and how much of the delight we have is in the sharing.

Karl Petersen
October 14, 2010 01:22PM
We had a great weekend at Prescott Hill Climb where Jeff's 30hp Stanley went well and he thoroughly enjoyed the outing. We were all very shocked to hear that he had passed away in his sleep in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Jeff has done a great job since he took over "The Steam Car" from me after issue 18. He took the magazine and the computer technology used to produce it to new heights as well as developing a superb international web site which unites the steam car movement around the world. He also was deeply involved in taking the club through our difficult times last year. Jeff was also a skilled mechanic, his steam cars always went well.
Yes, Jeff and his bubbly personality will be sadly missed by our club. His work for the club will be very hard act to follow.
October 18, 2010 11:15PM
I remember that Jeff was really helpful in getting me back issues of the Steam Car Journal a few years ago. I was impressed that he took the time to answer so quickly. His personal projects were well documented and he posted some of the better steam video's on the net. He was a good man and will be missed. My condolences to the Theobald family.
Vince Garcia
December 14, 2010 01:38AM
sad smiley Such a tragic loss to all of us and to the steamies in the UK and all around the world.
We treaure our time shared with Jeff touring the Enlish countryside in his beloved Stanley steamer and the stories he told and the fun we had together ,we will be forever grateful to this wonderful man who gave us the gift of his friendship .
Our hearts ache for Pauline , Steve and all the family ,his grandchildren will miss him dearly throughout their lives but will carry on his great legacy in steam Im sure..
Our deepest love to Steve and Pauline our wonderful friends and to all connected to Jeff, a true gentleman and one in a million who not only touched our hearts but truly touched our souls.
Take care Pauline and Steve and we will see you in 2013 .
love always ------Debbie and Gary Dole -Melton (Melb) victoria Aust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login