Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

Jim Crank LSR Bonneville 1981

Posted by Karl Petersen 
Jim Crank LSR Bonneville 1981
December 13, 2009 01:36PM
Please find my photos of the 1981 Bonneville run at

[www.firedragon.com]

I would really appreciate if you will comment at this topic on this LSR run. Perhaps we can get other people to tell us where their photos and notes are located so we can compare.

All the best,

Karl Petersen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 12:32PM by Karl Petersen.
Re: Jim Crank LSR Bonneville 1981
December 13, 2009 11:21PM
Karl,

The downloads are very slow for some reason so I only looked at a couple of the photos. I must say though that the last picture showing the bathroom lavatory sink handle in th lower left corner is real class.

I love steam stuff, but I also love steam punk art.

Best Regards, --------- Bill G.
December 14, 2009 12:39AM
Hey, now, that is a funny looking forged handle on a very expensive valve!! I bought lots of valves like that. I think it is still sold from the legacy valve selection at Swagelok, maybe a Whitey or Nupro valve.

The cheapo valve is the one on the right. It just has to hold back garden hose pressure when you are filling the water tank.

By the way, so it doesn't take so long to blind-load each picture, I have revised the pages with thumbnails--click to load if you like the big version.

All the best,

Karl Petersen
December 14, 2009 05:52AM
404..url not found
December 14, 2009 12:33PM
Url corrected after index.html created. Try again.
[www.firedragon.com]

Karl Petersen
December 14, 2009 07:29PM
I really enjoyed reading and looking at your whole land speed article. Well done Karl. smileys with beer
December 15, 2009 10:47PM
Karl-

Very informative and well put together!! Really glad you took the time to put some of your good stuff up for all of us to see...there's a lot of info there that some of us hadn't seen before.

Cheers--Chuk
December 16, 2009 11:23AM
Karl-Chuck,

If you are going to use the story about my race car, let's get together and get the numbers right. There are a lot of statements in that report that need correction for sure.

Jim
December 20, 2009 11:21AM
To All,

Karl and I corrected the race car story, so the new version is now on his personal web site.
All this to the best of my fading memory.

According to the FIA web site, the British steam car does now hold the record.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2009 03:41PM by James D. Crank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login