Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Advanced

September Meet---Video!!

Posted by chuk williams 
September Meet---Video!!
October 24, 2009 09:06AM
Hey Yall!!

Twas very nice to catch up with everyone at the September Meet--and many Thanks to everyone who brought Steam Stuff!! Once again, Tom Kimmel did a great job of being our gracious Host--Thanks Tom!!

Tony Gryzb brought the following link to my attention; [www.youtube.com]

It's a short video showing some of you what you missed--and for the ones who were there--a bit of a refresher!!

Cheers---Chuk
Re: September Meet---Video!!
October 24, 2009 11:26AM
Dear Chuk
Thanks for posting this video, it’s the first real glimpse of what went on at the meet.
Rolly
October 25, 2009 12:48PM
I noticed a couple homemade steam cars in the video. any details about them?
October 25, 2009 07:52PM
I think the video turned out great!, I had mentioned to both Tom and Scott, about the possibilite of the club(SACA) forming a "non-profit" account on youtube, to showcase meeting events. As far as the first video that ive seen, I think this one came out quite well. Visiting with Tom over the summer, I was proud to meet with him, with my family present... I think the group should promote a family friendly image, and this video does that quite well. Good Show..

Jeremy
October 26, 2009 01:02PM
Hi Jeremy

The club meet has been family friendly. I have taken my grand daughter to every meet I have attended.

Though I have other grand children I haven't taken for good reason. Everyone who knows my granddaughter, can tell you how well behaved she is. My grandsons on the other are, simply put, menaces.

The older ones are getting to the point where I can trust them.

There are valuable antique steamers and some potentially dangerous equipment at our meets.

Presentations are generally of no interest to family.

Andy
October 26, 2009 02:27PM
Hi Andy,

"Presentations are generally of no interest to family"

Agreed, Im sure my wife and daughter, would rather stay back at the hotel, for that stuff. Its quite a haul, for me, to get all the way to Mich. Im looking forward to making it to one of the meets, ive never been. Hopefully by next year I will be able to attend. Well rounded does sound better that family friendly. smiling smiley

Jeremy
October 26, 2009 03:59PM
Hello,

I have missed the last three steam meets. I really wish the presentations could be video taped so we could catch up on them.

Best ,------- Bill G.
December 14, 2009 12:47AM
The only meet presentation on line is this three-reeler: [www.firedragon.com]
The sound is really tubby, but whatever... Two people loaned me microphones after hearing it, but the results were no better. I guess it's software.

Karl Petersen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login